ARESTIN® – Local Antibiotic
ARESTIN®: This is a direct injected localized antibiotic microsphere (1% minocycline hydrochloride) This is an Antibiotic that is injected directly at the infection site deep in the pockets (between teeth & gums, NOT A NEEDLE).
Periodontal disease is a serious infection of the supporting structures being the bone that supports your teeth. ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) is an antibiotic that kills aggressive bacteria that causes the infection.
- It’s placed directly in the infected areas or “pockets” in your gums giving the ultimate benefit over general pills and rinses.
- It’s best applied right after a thorough cleaning appointment (scaling and root planing).
- ARESTIN® starts working quickly, right at the source of infection, and keeps fighting bacteria long after you leave the dental office. (1,2)
- ARESTIN® fights infection and inflammation for 30 days, (2) and provides significantly better results than scaling and root planing alone for up to 90 days.
1. Oringer RJ, Al-Shammari KF, Aldredge WA, et al. Effect of locally administered minocycline microspheres on markers of bone resorption. J Periodontol 2002;73:835-842.
2. Goodson JM, Gunsollwy JC, Grossi SG, et al. Minocycline HCl microspheres reduce red-complex bacteria in periodontal disease therapy. J Periodontol 2007;78(8):1568-1579.
3. Williams RC, Paquette DW, Offenbacher S, et al. Treatment of periodontitis by local administration of minocycline microspheres: a controlled trial. J Periodontol 2001;72:1535-1544.